* GLYK, the queer Yiddish theatre collective I help run, held its first fully independently-produced show after six months in residence with New Yiddish Rep: Jews in Space/Yidn in kosmos.
* I’ll be joining this year’s Speaker’s Corner at the Gingold Theatrical Group with a newly commissioned play, How can I help you? The first public reading is scheduled for this December.
* These and Those was longlisted for Theatre503’s International Playwriting Prize.
* My short play for young audiences, Chelm, KS, was featured in the Year in One Night festival at the Linden Grove Theatre Co. in Dallas, TX.
* These and Those was once again named as a semifinalist for the Jewish Plays Project’s 12th Annual Jewish Playwriting Contest.
* I started my first year of the BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theatre Workshop, as a lyricist.
* For the second year in a row, I’ll be joining the Playground-NY Writer’s Pool.
* Vos flist durkhn oder, a new Yiddish-language play that I produced as part of the Lower East Side Play Festival, has been entered into the Digital Yiddish Theatre Project archive alongside an interview with its author, Mikhl Yashinsky.
* Vos flist durkhn oder and the Lower East Side Play Festival were featured in the Forverts.
* The Lower East Side Play Festival had a SOLD OUT run at the Stanton Street Shul from July 25th-27th.
* The NYTF production of These and Those was reviewed by Sophie Hurwitz for New Voices Magazine. They write, “I came away from These and Those thinking that we (collectively) or at least I (personally) need more plays like this…we need this because this small-scale theatermaking, this most intimate and interpersonal form of storytelling, is suited to our most intimate stories. The Yiddish playwrights that we are only just now beginning to revive knew this, and Geye and Weaver know it, too. Teatro LATEA, where the play was performed, holds 75 people, and the Shabbat table is only so big. Our pause, our breath, our moment before the world demolishes us again, is just small and big enough to create something holy.”
* These and Those had a reading at San Diego REP as part of The Lipinsky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival.
* My latest producing project, The Lower East Side Play Festival, announced its inaugural line-up: Family Dinner by Lauren Montes, Lox by Leo Eigen, Mario & Paula in Apartment 3A by Cris Eli Blak, 178 Ludlow Street by Cayenne Douglass, and Vos flist durkn oder by Mikhl Yashinsky.
* These and Those had its festival debut at the New York Theater Festival May 23-28.
* I started teaching an introductory playwriting course for the UK-based Learning Co-op, Playwriting: Marxist perspectives.
* These and Those has been named a semifinalist for the Lanford Wilson New American Play Festival.
* My 10-minute play Chelm, KS won the PlayGround-NY December People’s Choice Award.
* Two monologues from These and Those have been selected for publication in the upcoming anthology Best Women’s Monologues 2022, published by Smith & Kraus.
* These and Those has been named a semifinalist for the Jewish Plays Project’s 11th Annual Jewish Playwriting Contest.
* My 10-minute play Chelm, KS has been selected for this month’s Monday Night Playground, live on Vimeo December 27th.
* I joined the Dramatists Guild as a full member.
* I joined PlayGround-NY’s inaugural writer’s pool.
* These and Those made it to the Quarterfinalist round of the ScreenCraft Stage Play Competition.
* These and Those has been named a semifinalist for the 2021 National Playwrights Contest at the O’Neill Theater Center.
* I graduated from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts with a BFA in Dramatic Writing.